- Title: 'How to use a 4x5 inch plate cameras and make an exposure.
- Audience: All beginners. This is an introductions to 4x5" inch plate cameras. We do offer a more comprehensive course.
- Duration: 4 hours to include a mid break
- Maximum number of attendees per session: 2.
- Additional attendee per session costs £50 each.
Why do it and what?
Explore and experience one might say the total opposite of photography today:
- Slowing down – plate cameras take time.
- 1 hour technical demonstration and discussion.
- Looking – setting up the camera on a tripod an framing requires you to really focus and frame. Using a viewer or fame, start looking through the rectangle and examine what is before you.
- Inverted world – in this experience the world is viewed in the camera literally upside down (inverted) giving you a very different perspective.
- Exposure - no electronics allowed. You will learn how to read light with a light meter.
- Setting exposure - no automation here. Exposure requires two settings based on a third factor the sensitivity of the film. You will understand how the ASA of the film (sensitivity) interacts with the speed and aperture settings.
- Loading film - learn how to use a double dark slide and how to load it into the camera.
- Tactile – We will post your negative/s and contact prints - no emailing here just the real deal.
- Notes - take home printouts from everything covered.
How do I buy it?
This price in inclusive and includes 8 sheets of film and contact prints. More can be used at an additional cost.
Requires: Purchase using PayPal.
Delivery: Contact Guy Woodland